- Fits 2x bottom or top plate framing
- FIS Bushings recommended for increased decoupling
- Lead Time: 3-7 days
GenieMat™ FIS acoustic isolation pad is used as a permanently resilient gasket for reducing sound and vibration transfer through top and bottom plate framing. GenieMat™ FIS can be used with wood or steel framing over concrete or wood sub-floor. Unlike similar fiberglass based products, the rubber used in the GenieMat™ FIS is unaffected by water and will not support mold growth. The use of GenieMat™ FIS above and below the plates will ensure the isolation products installed in the wall (resilient clips, Green Glue Compound, etc.) will reach their maximum performance potential. GenieMat™ FIS is sized to fit 2x4 framing, but can be used with 2x6 bottom plates.
Each roll of GenieMat™ FIS will cover 30 linear feet of framing. We recommend the use of the GenieMat™ FIS Bushings when the bottom or top plate is fastened with screws. Each fastening screw will require 1 GenieMat™ FIS Bushing, typically spaced 16" to 24" apart.
- Roll out the GenieMat™ FIS to the length of the bottom or top plate and cut to fit with a razor knife.
- Place the GenieMat™ FIS where the plate framing will be installed and place the plate over the GenieMat™ FIS.
- If the GenieMat™ FIS Bushing is used, then drill a hole up to 3/4" in diameter every 16" to 24" through the plate without penetrating the sub-floor. It is okay to penetrate the rubber.
- Fasten the plate to the framing with the GenieMat™ FIS between the framing. The GenieMat™ FIS Bushing will break the connection between the plate and the head of the screw.
GenieMat™ FIS can be installed with screws or a polyurethane based adhesive. Refer to the drawing in the thumbnail above for a more detailed spec.
|GenieMat™ FIS Specs|
|Weight||6.4 pounds per roll|
|Other Widths Available||1-1/4", 1-1/2", 5-1/2", and 8"|
|Other Thicknesses Available||10mm|
|GenieMat™ FIS Bushing Specs|
|Weight||.03 pounds per bushing|